Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Yikes, Where does time go?

It's hard to believe that time goes so fast. I swear it was just July. Well I am fighting the sinus junk this week. Booo Hiss!!!!!!!! I have been doing some knitting but don't have any pictures to show for it! Among other things, I have finished a baby gift for a friend, a few dishcloths, and a new bathroom rug that is super soft. Today, I helped "the chef" aka:my husband make enough gingerbread to cover the worlds largest gingerbread house. We made 230 lbs of gingerbread. No your eyes aren't playing tricks on you that really says 230lbs that is more than a grown man. I don't care if I ever see gingerbread ever again.
Tomorrow "the chef" will take the 40 plus sheet trays of gingerbread "siding" and screw them on the gingerbread house frame and all the kids at the country club will get to decorate it. They do this every year and this year I was elected to help make the gingerbread siding. What a zoo, at least I don't have to be there when there are 100 kids frosting and glueing candy to the house in between shoving candy and frosting in their mouths. I am so sorry I will have to miss that darn :) Too bad "the chef" will have to endure it all. Anyways, I leave you with thoughts of the chaos that will ensue tomorrow at mission gingerbread house build.......(evil laughter).

2 comments:

AllyB said...

Run, run, as fast as you can...you can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man...mwa ha ha ha...love you!

onecraftchick said...

Oh, PLEASE tell me you took pictures of the 230lbs of gingerbread! Can you get some pics of the house in the process of being built and decorated...Inquiring minds want to know how it will all look! I love Christmas!