Sunday, August 12, 2007

Once a week poster.....

Can I accomplish this mission? I have given myself a new challenge. I have decided that I should become a more regular blogger! Is this a good thing? Perhaps. I am now going to try and post weekly because there is a swap I want to participate in and it says you must post weekly. Isn't that a good reason to start posting weekly? I think so. I am new to blogging and swapping but I have found that both are something I enjoy and we should all make more time for the things we enjoy. As a result I am going to be here every week whether you decide to visit me is entirely up to you but I do hope someone is out there reading my ramblings.

Projects in progress:
I am not sure if you can guess what this is going to be? It is looking a little odd right now but this is going to be Baby blanket #2. No not for me silly, I am not having babies, but lots of my friends are and their babies need nice fuzzy blankets to hang out and play on. Hopefully their mommies like the blankets and they find good uses for them.
A close up:



It is a pretty simple design. I am using a yarn called Velvet Touch. It is very soft I think this will make a very nice blanket. No I am not going to tell you who it is for that might ruin the surprise ;)

And while it is fun to make things to give as gifts, I also enjoy knitting things for myself to use here is that project which has currently been moved to the back burner while I am working on Baby Blanket #2.



Reusable shopping bag. Trying to become a better consumer by not using plastic bags. This could take a while to make enough of these bags to eradicate the plastic bags from my household but it is worth the attempt.

And both of these projects will come to a screeching hault when I get tagged for dish rag tag, it really is a fun game. I am amazed at how fast the people are making these dishcloths!!!! What an awesome race! Thanks Emily for being a wonderful hostess of Dish Rag Tag :)


I am off to knit.......

1 comment:

AllyB said...

Hey Rena! I really like that shopping bag. I think it's the color combo that is so appealing to me. The blankie is so pretty and soft. You make me very proud! Love you, good luck on that once a week blogging thing.