Friday, September 28, 2007

Updates

Here are some updates on my other activities than the Fall into autumn swap:



YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Well I must say that dish rag tag was so much fun!!!!! I was lucky enough to be able to participate and it was amazing. There was so much anticipation and stalking the tracking numbers of the USPS. The universe was watching out for my teams box because it was lucky enough to be the first box in the mailbox at Emily's house and 2 other boxes arrived on the same day. Check out more pictures at Emily's blog.
This is my certificate and my awesome second place prize :) I love prizes!!!!!!!!!

Here's the close up #8 needles perfect size for dishcloths. The ends are hand painted, I absolutely love them. Emily was a great hostess and this was an amazing competition.

I also got a prize from my team captain Katrina. I barely got my dishcloth out withing 48 hours but she still sent me a sweet prize. I got some wonderful yarn in my favorite colors for more dishcloths!!!!! I am convinced that you can never have too much cotton in your stash!!!! Also some amazing yellow/purple superwash wool fingering weight yarn. I am not sure what to do with this yet. Any suggestions??? Anybody???? I am open to ideas, take it easy on me though I am still learning. Check it out below..... was I upside down when I took this picture??? Sometimes I forget to use my camera skills, oh wait I don't have camera skills :)



And, I had my first wedding anniversary with my sweetie. We went to Traverse City Michigan. It was a lovely time and it is one of my favorite places to visit. There are some amazing wineries and restraunts. Our favorite Stella, it is an amazing little place, they change their menu frequently and mainly they use ingredients from local farmers and producers. It was a really great vacation and hopefully I will have some time later to post pics of that.

Don't forget the ideas for the fingering weight yarn :) Thanks for your help!!!!

2 comments:

AllyB said...

Perhaps your mother could show you how to make a pair of socks with that nice new yarn.

Anonymous said...

hmm this yarn looks vaguely familar.. ahh yes thats because I have made dishcloths with it in the past ! hehehe (hugs)
Your Swap Pal - Aut Dishcloths